Emerging Domestic Markets
Investing in Ethnic Minorities Driving Population and Economic Growth in the USA
- As Pew Research affirms, by 2040, ethnic minorities will become the majority of the U.S. population.
- This is not a zero-sum game.
- Rather as Boston Consulting Group wrote, there are dynamic Emerging Domestic Markets inside the USA. These internal growth markets actually fuel overall USA economic growth above other developed countries and can be targeted by astute businesses and investors in media, consumer products, real estate, finance, etc.
- EDM represent high-growth emerging markets with no country risk and no currency risk.
- Broadly speaking, getting an increasingly diverse population to share common values and to work for a common good will be the single greatest determinant of America’s growth and success in the 21st Century.
* Based on Pew Research Center report, “U.S. Population Projections; 2005-2050” Jeffrey S. Passel and D’Vera Cohn.